El Salvador Company Registration Services – Easier Process
El Salvador company registration services can be made easier with the help of our business professionals so let us guide you through the process.
El Salvador is a small but densely populated country located in Central America. Having enjoyed stable growth for more than ten years, the country has been growing stable for the past decade and enjoys with high investment from government and foreign entrepreneurs fueling the country’s growth, leading to rising employment levels and a higher-than-average GDP.
Business potential is high for the following industries:
- Medical Equipment
El Salvador Company Registration Procedures
El Salvador company registration procedures take up to 16 days and involve a number of pre and post-registration steps.
1. Open a bank account and deposit money
They need to deposit at least 5% of the initial start-up capital, this can evidence to a public notary a certified check payable to the name of the company.
2. Verify the availability of the company name
Applicants can do this at the online platform of the Commercial Registry.
3. Notarize the articles of association and pay registration fees
4. To establish a new company, applicants must meet to provide the following requirements:
- Name and personal data of company shareholders (minimum of two shareholders)
- Commercial name
- Term, domicile, and company social purpose
- Type of administration (board of directors or sole administrator) and appointment of the legal representative
- Capital stock
The cost to notarize the articles of incorporation ranges between USD 500 to USD 1,000. The notary can also calculate the El Salvador company registration fees directly online and provide payment at the commercial bank.
5. Register the company at the Commercial Registry
El Salvador company registration will require applicants to upload all scanned documents (including the receipt of payment) on the Commercial Registry’s online platform. Applicants will then need to go personally and present physical documents for obtaining the final registration document.
Companies must also be registered with the Ministry of Labor, the Tax Authorities (Hacienda), and the Salvadorian Institute of Social Security.
6. Legalize the company books by an auditor
Article 40 of the Code of Commerce, states that the books can be legalized either by the external auditor or by the Registry of Commerce.
7. Register employees with either of the two Pension Fund Administrator
Applicants must register employees with any of the Pension Fund Administrators (Administradora de Fondos de Pensiones).
8. Register the company for local taxes at the Municipality
Upon company registration in El Salvador, applicants must register at the Municipality and pay a local tax (Vialidad A) of about USD 10 each.
9. Make a company seal
A company seal is required by law and can be acquired from a seal-maker. This will cost USD 15 – 30 and can be made within 2 days.
Contact Us Today
Interested in company registration in El Salvador?
You’ve come to the right place. We are professionals in assisting businesses to venture overseas. Contact us today and let us help you expand into greater heights.