Maldives Company Registration Services
Thinking about registering a company in the Maldives? Then you have come to the right place. While Maldives is typically known as a luxurious travel and vacation destination, did you know that it is also one of the most lucrative places in the world to invest and do business in? It’s strong economy and ever expanding market holds a vast potential for foreign investments and it is no surprise to see that many foreign companies these days can’t wait to get into doing business in this beautiful island nation.
The following guide will provide you with everything you need to know about Maldives company registration and how to get started. If you plan on opening a company in the Maldives for the first time, you are going to want read on to find out more.
To first get started registering a company in the Maldives, you would first need to get your company name approved by the Registrar of Companies prior to commencing your registration process.
There are two types of company options available in the Maldives – the Private Limited Companies option, and the Public Limited Companies option. Private Limited Companies can be formed by both local and foreign individuals.
Once that is done, the following requirements need to be met to proceed with the next phase of the registration process:
- The intended company would need to have at least one shareholder that is above the age of 18
- The minimum capital required to register a private limited company would be MVR 2,000. The minimum capital required to register a public limited company would be MVR 1,000,000.
- The applicant would also need to contact the Ministry of Economic Development to register the company.
- Applications for registration can be made either in-person or online
The Documents Required for Maldives Company Registration
To register a company in the Maldives, the following documents need to be submitted accordingly:
- A completed Business Registration application form
- A completed Name Search Approval form
- 2 copies of the Memorandum of Association
- 2 copies of the Articles of Association
- Copies of national identification card
- An acceptance letter from the Managing Director of the company
- An acceptance letter from the Company Secretary
- The required company registration fee amount
- The revenue stamp
In the event that the shares of the company which is about to be registered is held by an existing company, additional documents need to be submitted along with the application. These documents include:
- The board resolution for acquiring shares
- The status of the company
- The board resolution for appointing a director of another company to the Board of Directors, if applicable.
The processing time for company registration in the Maldives takes approximately two weeks for completion. The process can be done much more efficiently with minimal errors involved by enlisting the help of professional company registration services, such as 3E Accounting for example.
3E Accounting is well versed with company registration internationally, and our years of experienced coupled with our talented pool of staff makes the ideal combination you need to begin a successful business venture in the Maldives. Contact us today for more information on how to register a company in the Maldives.