Macau Visa Overview
Anyone who visits Macau must present a valid passport or travel document. Most countries require at least six months of passport validity.
In general, 66 countries are exempted from needing a visa to Macau for a specific period, while other countries must obtain a visa once they reach the immigration counter.
Six countries must get a pre-arrival visa before arriving in Macau.
If you want to open a business in Macau, here is what you need to know about getting a visa.
Who Must Obtain a Visa to Macau?
Nonexempted countries or those who plan to stay longer must obtain Macau Visa. They must get a “Visa” or “Entry Permit” to Macau upon or before arrival. If you are from Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nigeria, Vietnam, or Sri Lanka, you must get a visa through the Chinese Embassy or Consulate before entering Macau. You also cannot apply for a visa when you arrive at the border ports.
- Photocopy of bio-data page and the previous visa inside pages of your valid passport.
- Completed visa application form.
- Proof of your financial statuses such as savings deposit, bank statement, tax receipt, employment certificate, and income.
- Your related transportation and arrangement for accommodation in Macau like your round-trip flight tickets and hotel booking.
- Your proof of Macau visit like a copy of your relative’s residence in Macau or the identity card with the kinship certificate document.
- Other documents that you used when you travelled to Macau, a valid visa and the permit for entry/residence when you visited other countries if you have.
For a Business Trip
Business Introduction Letter
- You must provide a business introduction letter (original copy) from your company that is based in the country of your origin. The letters must be printed on a company letterhead that shows a mailing address.
Letter of Invitation
A copy of the invitation letter from the host. The letter must have:
- The host’s contact details and full address.
- The purpose of the trip and how long you will stay.
- Indicate acceptance of the financial responsibility for the visa applicant.
- The signature of the applicant’s host.
- The company stamp/seal.
- The regular application fee is $30 and $20 for the communication fee if the applicant is related to the Macau Immigration Department.
- If there is no communication fee incurred, the Express application is $50, and the Extra Express is only $60.
- The Chinese Embassy or Consulates begins the process when they receive your complete application documents. You may be able to get it between 1 to 5 working days, depending on which service you are going to choose.
- For the regular service, it will take five working days, and even three weeks (if related to the Macau Immigration Department).
Macau Visa Validity
The expiry dates and number of entries vary
- The single (1) entry is within three months
- Double (2) entries are within three months
- Multiple entries expire within six months
Per entry is given 14 days duration of stay. If you stay beyond what is legally authorized period, you will be penalized by the law.
You can use the above information to apply for a Visa to Macau for your business trips.